Sunday 12 January 2014

Mini investigation - Language and Technology

I set out with the hypothesis that linguistic features remain at a constant level in terms of linguistic features and/or distinctive features in a particular person whatever form of social network is used.

I attempted to test this by going onto some famous peoples Facebook and Twitter pages. I am aware that some famous people have hired people to manage their social media accounts and to in response to this possible issued I made sure I looked at well known people who are known to be very opinionated and an icon who people would be listened to and followed so therefore would be highly unlikely to have someone write their status'/tweets.

I realised that on most of the celebrities social networks, their posts were completely identical on all social networks, I then remembered that it is possible to synchronise Twitter to your Facebook accounts so that status' and tweets are the same.

I must therefore adjust my hypothesis so this has been put into consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment